Edwina Griffin (Eddy) is a health and high performance professional with over twenty year’s experience in the health and fitness industry, focusing on the wellbeing and balance of body mind and spirit.
As the founder and managing director of Real Body management, Eddy has received numerous accolades and awards, and has featured as the host and expert advisor on many television programs, talkback radio, magazine and newspaper articles and online mind-body programs.
As an internationally recognised speaker and mentor, Eddy has coached thousands of clients in achieving their personal goals and is passionate about giving back to the community through her involvement in a number of charity and business related organisations.
Eddy started her original brand, Fitwomen in 1995 aimed to educate and inspire people by encouraging holistic thinking about their health, wellbeing and lifestyle choices. This personal training business expanded into a health centre in Sydney with a team of 15 offering personal training, boot camps, small group sessions, Pilates, yoga, acupuncture, massage, group meditations and healing sessions. She expanded Fitwomen to include Fitmum programs for fertility, pregnancy and post-natal exercise (both face-to-face and online), Fitmen sessions and Adventurewomen trips.
- NSW Exercise Professional of the Year (2010) – Australian Health and Fitness Industry
- Silver Business Award (2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013) – Australian Health and Fitness Industry
- Certificate IV in Personal Training
- Corrective and Exercise Kinesiologist, CHEK Institute ( level 1)
- Health & Lifestyle Coach CHEK Institute ( level II)
- Aqua-Exercise Certificate
- Vegan Cooking & Catering Certification
Eddy found after working with clients for about a decade that providing the right information for lifestyle changes was not always enough to achieve success so she decided to look more into drivers behind behavior and motivation. She became a clinical hypnotherapist to enable changes in behavior for all areas of her client’s lives.
- Clinical Hypnotherapist (Academy of Transformational Psychotherapy)
- Master NLP Practitioner ( Chris Howard Training)
- Meditation Teaching Certificate (Melbourne Meditation Centre)
- Graduate Certificate in Negotiation (ACU-Australian Catholic University)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training
- Masters in Negotiation ( ACU- current)
- Nationally Certified Mediator (NMAS)
After her Kundalini awakening in 2005, Eddy began researching quantum science, the brain and energy work. She travelled to Peru to research the approaches and thoughts of shamans in tribal villages and has studied various areas of metaphysics and healing. Her healing sessions are tailored to each person, using trance channeling, shamanic practices, medical intuitive modalities, light language, sound healing ( voice, bowls and didgeridoo), chakra balancing, crystals and liquid crystals.
- Diploma Energetic Healing & Metaphysics (International College of Metaphysics)
- Diploma Shamanism ( International College of Complementary Medicine)
- Advanced Shamanic Training (SOTEMS-current)
- Diploma in Sound Healing ( British Academy Sound Healing-current)
- Liquid Crystals Practitioner
- Medical Intuitive ( Millenium Education)